Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Steve Short <St...@PostX.com> on 2002/02/19 19:46:48 UTC

Updated james-server.xml with new Phoenix Logging

I'd like to offer the attached server.xml config file to the James project.
I have created this to exploit the new improved logging mechanisms in the
Avalon framework.  The highlights of this configuration are:

- can log to both console and file with different priority filters, by
default console logging is set to INFO and file logging is set to DEBUG.
- can log all messages to a single file.
- log file is configured as a rolling log, 1 thru 5, with a size threshold
set to ~10Mb.

Clearly this is easily extended for other targets, in my case syslog.

There's one 'issue' I haven't tracked down yet.  There are some DEBUG
messages appearing from 'database', but when I configure a database category
it has no effect.

Regards
Steve
 <<james-server.xml>>