Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Scott Palmer <sw...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/28 20:01:52 UTC

Issue with Gradle projects - requires manual delete of .nb-gradle folder

[Testing with 11.2-u1 nbms installed from the binaries recently posted...]

Many imports in the project source are erroneously showing errors like this:

cannot access NativeComponent
  bad class file: NativeComponent.class
    illegal start of class file
    Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of
the classpath.
----
(Alt-Enter shows hints)

The jars where these classes live is listed correctly in the project tree
under Configurations/compile/Local Files/.  I can expand the jar in that
view and see it has the correct entries of the classes that fail to import.

When I first noticed this problem I modified my build.gradle file to
trigger re-initialization of the project in question.   That didn't help.

messages.log is full of this:

INFO [org.netbeans.api.java.source.ElementHandle]: Cannot resolve:
ElementHandle[kind=CLASS;
sigs=ca.digitalrapids.kayak.graph.impl.KayakNodeImpl_V2 ]
INFO [org.netbeans.api.java.source.ElementHandle]: Resolved type is null
for kind = INTERFACE

Repeated for hundreds of classes.

I also see this:

INFO [org.netbeans.core.startup.layers.ArchiveURLMapper]: fo:
MIMESupport$CachedFileObject@7ee9774c[[Content_Types].xml] archiveFile:
C:\dev\<path-to-library-project-that-is-also-open-in-NB>\Dev-instructions.docx
java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at index 0:
[Content_Types].xml
at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(URI.java:2848)
at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChars(URI.java:3021)
at java.net.URI$Parser.parseHierarchical(URI.java:3105)
at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(URI.java:3063)
at java.net.URI.<init>(URI.java:820)
[catch] at
org.netbeans.core.startup.layers.ArchiveURLMapper.getURL(ArchiveURLMapper.java:76)
at org.openide.filesystems.URLMapper.findURL(URLMapper.java:115)
at org.openide.filesystems.FileObject.toURL(FileObject.java:1216)
at
org.netbeans.modules.openide.filesystems.declmime.DefaultParser.parse(DefaultParser.java:117)
at
org.netbeans.modules.openide.filesystems.declmime.XMLMIMEComponent$SniffingParser.sniff(XMLMIMEComponent.java:267)
at
org.netbeans.modules.openide.filesystems.declmime.XMLMIMEComponent.acceptFileObject(XMLMIMEComponent.java:81)
at
org.netbeans.modules.openide.filesystems.declmime.FileElement.resolve(FileElement.java:77)
at
org.netbeans.modules.openide.filesystems.declmime.MIMEResolverImpl$Impl.findMIMEType(MIMEResolverImpl.java:425)
at
org.openide.filesystems.MIMESupport$CachedFileObject.resolveMIME(MIMESupport.java:346)
at
org.openide.filesystems.MIMESupport$CachedFileObject.getMIMEType(MIMESupport.java:287)
at org.openide.filesystems.MIMESupport.findMIMEType(MIMESupport.java:111)
at org.openide.filesystems.FileUtil.getMIMEType(FileUtil.java:1297)
at org.openide.filesystems.FileObject.getMIMEType(FileObject.java:642)
at
org.openide.filesystems.AbstractFileObject.getMIMEType(AbstractFileObject.java:169)
at org.openide.loaders.DataLoaderPool.allLoaders(DataLoaderPool.java:307)
at
org.openide.loaders.DataLoaderPool.findDataObject(DataLoaderPool.java:505)
at org.openide.loaders.FolderList.createBoth(FolderList.java:743)
at org.openide.loaders.FolderList.getObjects(FolderList.java:539)
at org.openide.loaders.FolderList.access$600(FolderList.java:52)
at
org.openide.loaders.FolderList$ListTask.computeResult(FolderList.java:938)
at org.openide.loaders.FolderList$ListTask.run(FolderList.java:914)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1418)
at
org.netbeans.modules.openide.util.GlobalLookup.execute(GlobalLookup.java:45)
at org.openide.util.lookup.Lookups.executeWith(Lookups.java:278)
at
org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2033)

I'm not sure why NB is looking at a .docx file at all, it is in the root of
a project folder for one of the libraries that my project with the import
problems uses, both projects are open in NB.  That file is not on the
classpath of either project.

I re-built the library project from the command line a few times, so the
jar would have disappeared and re-appeared.

I also see this earlier in the messages.log, but I'm not sure when it
happened (Can we get timestamps for the log entries??)

WARNING [org.openide.filesystems.JarFileSystem]: cannot open
C:\dev\<path_to_where_library_jar_is_installed_used_for_compile_dependency_of_main_project>\Thing.jar
WARNING [null]: Last record repeated again.

That is repeated for every jar mentioned in the manifest of Thing.jar as
well.  Funny, if you can't read the jar file how do you know about all the
jars in it's manifest???

I restart NetBeans and even though none of the above issues show in
messages.log on after restart, the problem remains.

There is one exception in the log preceeded by many many lines of
whitespace:

INFO [org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.watcher.Watcher]: Exception
java.nio.file.ClosedWatchServiceException
at sun.nio.fs.AbstractPoller.invoke(AbstractPoller.java:216)
at sun.nio.fs.AbstractPoller.cancel(AbstractPoller.java:133)
at
sun.nio.fs.WindowsWatchService$WindowsWatchKey.cancel(WindowsWatchService.java:209)
at
org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.watcher.nio2.NioNotifier.removeWatch(NioNotifier.java:62)
Caused: java.io.IOException
at
org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.watcher.nio2.NioNotifier.removeWatch(NioNotifier.java:64)
at
org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.watcher.nio2.NioNotifier.removeWatch(NioNotifier.java:40)
at
org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.providers.Notifier$1.removeWatch(Notifier.java:95)
at
org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.watcher.NotifierKeyRef.removeWatch(NotifierKeyRef.java:73)
[catch] at
org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.watcher.Watcher$Ext.unregister(Watcher.java:297)
at
org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.watcher.Watcher.unregister(Watcher.java:111)
at
org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.filebasedfs.fileobjects.BaseFileObj.removeFileChangeListener(BaseFileObj.java:539)
at
org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.filebasedfs.fileobjects.FileObjectKeeper.listenTo(FileObjectKeeper.java:191)
at
org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.filebasedfs.fileobjects.FileObjectKeeper.listenNoMore(FileObjectKeeper.java:272)
at
org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.filebasedfs.fileobjects.FileObjectKeeper.removeRecursiveListener(FileObjectKeeper.java:102)
at
org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.filebasedfs.fileobjects.FolderObj.removeRecursiveListener(FolderObj.java:662)
at org.openide.filesystems.DeepListener.run(DeepListener.java:70)
at
org.openide.filesystems.FileChangeImpl.removeRecursiveListener(FileChangeImpl.java:255)
at
org.openide.filesystems.FileUtil.removeRecursiveListener(FileUtil.java:381)
at
org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.indexing.RootsListener.lambda$safeRemoveRecursiveListener$5(RootsListener.java:260)
at
org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.indexing.RootsListener.performSave(RootsListener.java:276)
at
org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.indexing.RootsListener.lambda$performAsync$6(RootsListener.java:268)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1418)
at
org.netbeans.modules.openide.util.GlobalLookup.execute(GlobalLookup.java:45)
at org.openide.util.lookup.Lookups.executeWith(Lookups.java:278)
at
org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2033)
INFO [org.netbeans.core.netigso.Netigso]: bundle
org.eclipse.osgi@3.9.1.v20140110-1610 256
INFO [org.netbeans.core.netigso.Netigso]: bundle
org.eclipse.osgi@3.9.1.v20140110-1610 stopped
INFO [null]: Last record repeated again.

So then I stopped NB, deleted the .nb-gradle and .gradle folders that were
in the project directory and restarted NB.
The project is now back to a sane state.

I'm not sure how to reproduce this and I suspect there is more than one
thing going wrong.  I haven't entered a bug yet.

Scott

Re: Issue with Gradle projects - requires manual delete of .nb-gradle folder

Posted by Scott Palmer <sw...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I know it can be hard to track down.
Is there something I can do to collect useful information if it happens again?

Scott

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.