Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Erwin Hogeweg <er...@seecago.com> on 2017/10/06 19:51:45 UTC

External App appears incompatible with CXF. What can I do?

Hi,

I have a CXF SOAP web service that generates the (partial) response below. This works perfectly with SoapUI and DOSGi.

We are using another application with this web service though that doesn’t seem to understand the response past the <ns1:return> tag. Nothing is parsed after that.

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <soap:Body>
     <ns1:getResidents xmlns:ns1="http://service.my.com/">
        <ns1:return>
           <ns2:ResidentVO xmlns:ns2="http://vo.model.my.com">
              <ns2:PIN>1235</ns2:PIN>
              <ns2:address>601 Some Address - 1201</ns2:address>
              <ns2:name>Hogeweg Erwin HQ</ns2:name>
              <ns2:phoneNumberList>
…

I am have no idea what is happening since I don’t have access to the source code of that app. I am speculating though that the app chokes on the ns2 definition. So here comes my question:

Is there any way to control that with CXF-3.1.1 and DOSGi-1.7.0, and stick to the same ns1 namespace (if that is even allowed by the specification) so I can test my hypothesis?

FWIW, the service properties are defined in an OSGi component definition as follows:

@Component(immediate = true,
name = "com.my.service",
configurationPolicy=ConfigurationPolicy.REQUIRE,
property = {
"type=internal",
"service.exported.interfaces=*",
"service.exported.configs=org.apache.cxf.ws",
"org.apache.cxf.ws.address=/MyService",
}

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Erwin

Erwin Hogeweg
CTO
3690 Airport Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431
P. +1 (954) 556-6565
M. +1 (561) 306-7395
F. +1 (561) 948-2730
[Seecago]<http://www.seecago.com>

Re: External App appears incompatible with CXF. What can I do?

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Try to experiment with the CXF TransformationFeature

http://cxf.apache.org/docs/transformationfeature.html

Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin