Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Vanhorn, Mike" <mi...@wright.edu> on 2014/04/22 19:52:46 UTC

[users@httpd] building httpd with openldap

I am trying to build httpd 2.2.24 on a Solaris 10 system with OpenLDAP
rather than Solaris' LDAP. My original configure looks like this:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2.2.24
--enable-layout=Solaris-Apache2 --enable-mods-shared=all
--with-mpm=prefork --with-ldap --enable-authnz-ldap --enable-ldap
--with-ssl --enable-ssl --with-included-apr

Even after I have uninstalled the LDAP package from Oracle and installed
the OpenLDAP package (which went into /opt/csw), this still seems to be
finding an LDAP toolkit that configure labels as "Solaris" (during the
configure step for apr-util).

I have tried "--with-ldap=/opt/csw", but using that causes the configure
to fail when it tries to check for ldap. How do I tell the configure
process to use the LDAP libraries that are in /opt/csw and ignore any
other one(s) it finds?

Thanks!

---
Mike VanHorn
Senior Computer Systems Administrator
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Wright State University
265 Russ Engineering Center
937-775-5157
michael.vanhorn@wright.edu
http://www.cecs.wright.edu/~mvanhorn/

Re: [users@httpd] building httpd with openldap

Posted by Saxa Egea <sa...@saxa.dyndns.org>.
Dear,

The problem probably is not the apache configuration.

If you want to enable ldap support to apache you have to compile apr and
apr-util outside the apache source tree.

And enable ldap in apr (I think it's apr, not apr-util). If you don't do
this way you will have an error compiling apache.

I guess I have a step by step guide... If you need it don't hesitate to
contact me.

Tx,
   Saxa