Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Venkata Narayana Reddy <ve...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/28 07:26:42 UTC

RDP is not working with IPV6

Hi Team,

I have deployed guacamole 1.4.0 version and SSH is working fine for both
IPV4 and IPV6. But RDP is working for IPV4, not working for IPV6. We are
seeing the below error messages. Can you please let me know if any
configuration changes are required to make RDP works?

*guacamole pod logs:*

Exception in thread "Thread-11" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Message
will not be sent because the WebSocket session has been closed
        at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsRemoteEndpointImplBase.writeMessagePart(WsRemoteEndpointImplBase.java:442)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsRemoteEndpointImplBase.sendMessageBlock(WsRemoteEndpointImplBase.java:314)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsRemoteEndpointImplBase.sendMessageBlock(WsRemoteEndpointImplBase.java:254)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsRemoteEndpointImplBase.sendString(WsRemoteEndpointImplBase.java:195)

*guacd pod logs:*

guacd[273]: INFO:       User "@18ba0780-231a-47dc-bd1c-2c82c11a9661" joined
connection "$afb33334-6b69-448c-9432-348c70dd49f1" (1 users now present)

guacd[273]: INFO:       Recording of session will be saved to
"/home/guacd/recordings/2a00:fbc:1310:1835:9078:c343:517e:72942a00:fbc:1310:1835:9078:c343:517e:7294_rdp_recording.2".

guacd[273]: INFO:       Loading keymap "base"

guacd[273]: INFO:       Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
guacd[273]: INFO:       RDP server closed/refused connection: DNS lookup
failed (incorrect hostname?)
guacd[273]: INFO:       User "@18ba0780-231a-47dc-bd1c-2c82c11a9661"
disconnected (0 users remain) guacd[273]: INFO:       Last user of
connection "$afb33334-6b69-448c-9432-348c70dd49f1" disconnected
guacd[6]: INFO: Connection "$afb33334-6b69-448c-9432-348c70dd49f1" removed.
Regards, Venkata

Re: RDP is not working with IPV6

Posted by Venkata Narayana Reddy <ve...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick,

Yes. you are right. My issue is not related to the ticket.
guacd container has assigned ipv6 and is able to ping the ipv6 addresses of
other machines.

Is guacamole & guacd tested on Kubernetes?  Do we need to make any changes
to make RDP work for both ipv4 and ipv6?

Regards,
Venkata

Posted by Sean Hulbert <sh...@securitycentric.net.INVALID>.
-------- Original message --------From: Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> Date: 3/29/23  8:33 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: user@guacamole.apache.org Subject: Re: RDP is not working with IPV6 On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 1:19 AM Sean Hulbert<sh...@securitycentric.net.invalid> wrote:>> Here is a link that should address your issue>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-1190>>I don't think that's the same issue that Venkata is seeing. From theprovided error messages, it looks like Guacamole Client issuccessfully connecting to guacd, but guacd cannot make the IPv6connection out to the RDP server.Venkata, can you confirm that your guacd container is assigned an IPv6address, and can access other IPv6 resources (ping somethingIPv6-based, for example)? The error you're getting, "RDP serverclosed/refused connection: DNS lookup failed (incorrect hostname?)",indicates that the guacd container cannot locate that RDP server. Thismay be because you've entered an incorrect hostname or IP, or it maybe because it is looking up the hostname and getting back an IPv6address, and cannot use it because IPv6 is not configured in thecontainer.-Nick---------------------------------------------------------------------To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@guacamole.apache.orgFor additional commands, e-mail: user-help@guacamole.apache.org

Re: RDP is not working with IPV6

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Hulbert <sh...@securitycentric.net.INVALID>.
Here is a link that should address your issue

Thank You

Sean Hulbert

Posted by Venkata Narayana Reddy <ve...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sean Hulbert,

Please find the command output here. It looks like it is listening only on
IPV4. What is the procedure to enable IPV6 in container mode (i.e.
kuberenets yaml file)?
[root@xxxx~/xxxx/PAM/Helm_SessionAffinity ]# netstat -tapnl | grep guacd
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:4822          0.0.0.0:*

Posted by Sean Hulbert <sh...@securitycentric.net.INVALID>.

guacd[273]: INFO:       User "@18ba0780-231a-47dc-bd1c-2c82c11a9661" disconnected (0 users remain) guacd[273]: INFO:       Last user of connection "$afb33334-6b69-448c-9432-348c70dd49f1" disconnected