Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz> on 2004/01/07 01:16:43 UTC

offtopic: regexp or ORO?

Hi,

I need to backport an app which uses some java 1.4 regular expressions
to java 1.3. Would I be better off using jakarta regexp or jakarata oro?

They both seem to be stable and actively maintained, based on the fact
that in both cases their last two releases were around dec 2002 and dec
2003. I can't see any docs comparing the two...

Sorry for the off-topic post (neither regexp nor oro are commons
projects).

Regards,

Simon

Re: offtopic: regexp or ORO?

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
Those benchmarks are in line with some I performed for Validator.
Validator uses ORO but when I replaced it with Java 1.4 regexs I got a 2x
speed improvement.  ORO works well (if not slowly) for Validator.

David

Re: offtopic: regexp or ORO?

Posted by Jason Lea <ja...@kumachan.net.nz>.