Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Peter Abramowitsch <pa...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/27 19:23:45 UTC

Question about Relation Extractors

Thanks Sean and Tim for the background & code on these annotators & models.

Just looking at how the EventTimeRelationAnnotator works,  I think the
internal representation would be a bit different, but I get the gist of it
for sure.  Unless I'm using  outdated code The "actual data" is captured in
the SemanticRoleRelations, Predicate, and the Semantic Arguments.
Strangely, the BinaryTextRelation is declared in the CAS but never actually
used.

I found a couple of good resources on this:

https://aclanthology.org/W04-2412.pdf
https://aclanthology.org/D08-1008.pdf
https://web.stanford.edu/~jurafsky/slp3/slides/22_SRL.pdf

Peter