Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Pavindu Lakshan <pa...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/04 15:18:06 UTC

Implementing product search by multiple parameters

Hi Nadeeshan,

It seems like the SearchBar component inside
components/fileManager/ProductList is not used anywhere in the opsui React
app, but I saw an attempt to use it inside the ProductList component
commented.

Is it okay to move the search functionality that has been partially
implemented in the product browser ( ProductList component ) to that search
bar?

I was thinking of developing search by product type, file structure, Mime
type and transfer status in the SearchBar component and adding that
component  to the  ProductList component.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Pavindu

Re: Implementing product search by multiple parameters

Posted by Pavindu Lakshan <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Imesha and Nadeeshan,

Yesterday and today, I worked on the product search bar UI and the product
browser UI in React OPSUI app. Now I'm going to implement the backend of
the query functionality, but I have a few questions to clarify.

1. To implement the backend of the query functionality, I thought that
[1]pagedQuery function of AvroFileManagerClient would be useful. Am I
correct about it?

2. If it's so, can you explain to me a bit about its "Query" parameter,
specifically how its QueryCriteria list should be formed? I couldn't
exactly understand how a Query should be instantiated to pass it to the
pagedQuery function. That's why.

Thanks and regards,
Pavindu

[1]
https://github.com/apache/oodt/blob/f62d8453bbd0856d3996abf2d000077ffd8ba6f7/filemgr/src/main/java/org/apache/oodt/cas/filemgr/system/AvroFileManagerClient.java#L240

Re: Implementing product search by multiple parameters

Posted by Nadeeshan <na...@apache.org>.
Hi Pavindu,

Is it okay to move the search functionality that has been partially
> implemented in the product browser ( ProductList component ) to that search
> bar?

Yes, we can move that Product Type Search functionality to a SearchBar
Component. Handling all the filters inside a single SearchBar component is
a good idea for maintainability. Further, try to use this reusable
SearchBar for the main OPSUI app also.

I was thinking of developing search by product type, file structure, Mime
> type and transfer status in the SearchBar component and adding that
> component  to the  ProductList component.

Consider  FileName too

Thanks and Regards,
Nadeeshan