Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Kolb, Mark" <MK...@srhs.org> on 2000/02/10 22:01:05 UTC

cocoon cfg

Hi ,

Since my last post I have learned what jars to download so I have installed
all pieces of cocoon.  These are the files that I have installed on top of
Caldera 2.3

ibm-jdk-l118-linux-x86.tgz
jsdk20-solaris2-sparc.tar.Z

apache_1_3_9_tar.gz
ApacheJServ-1_1_tar.gz

xalan_dist_0_19_0.jar
Xerces-J-bin_1_0_1.jar
Cocoon-1_6_1.jar

All pieces have been tested along the way and I have been able to use Apache
and Jserv.  Afer I understood what files to download for Xerces, Xalan, and
Cocoon I expanded them and made all the configuration edits I have in the
instructions.  My problem is at this point.

When I start Apache it gives me an error pointing to my jserv.conf  file and
complains of the wrapper.classpath lines I added for Xalan, Xerces, and
Cocoon.  I am not familiar with java so this is all new to me.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated as I hope I am very close now.  Thanks again.

Mark Kolb
Systems Engineer
The Hospital of Saint Raphael
New Haven, CT 06511-440
Phone: (203) 789-3791
e-mail: mkolb@srhs.org

Re: cocoon cfg

Posted by Michele Bianchi <mi...@research.telcordia.com>.
after a long battle cocoon 1.6.x works on my debian 2.2

the problem!?!?  i'm not completely sure about, but now with ibm-jdk-118
everything seems to work pretty good.  before i had jdk117b.  both the pkg are
from debian.

michele bianchi - telcordia technologies               http://mic.aesthetica.it
445 south street, mcc 1d316r                                  t +1 973 829 4117
morristown, nj 07960                                          f +1 973 829 5981