Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Kuhn, Harald" <HK...@airplus.com> on 2009/07/22 16:35:07 UTC

RE:[Trinidad] how to handle redirets for PPR requests on session time out

Hi Samba,

Trinidads built-in ppr-Framework has the ability to send redirects initiated by the server.
The only steps you have to do are:

·         check if it is a ppr-request

o    on “normal” requests use response.sendRedirect

o    on ppr-requests send ppr-Message containing <redirect>

Following code examples works on our site

    final boolean isPartialRequest =  "true".equals(req.getHeader("Tr-XHR-Message"));
    if (isPartialRequest) {
      final PrintWriter writer = resp.getWriter();
      final XmlResponseWriter rw = new XmlResponseWriter(writer, "UTF-8");
      rw.startDocument();
      rw.write("<?Tr-XHR-Response-Type ?>\n");
      rw.startElement("redirect", null);
      rw.writeText(pageURL, null);
      rw.endElement("redirect");
      rw.endDocument();
      rw.close();
    }
    else {
      resp.sendRedirect(pageURL);
    }

Kind regards

  Harald

Lufthansa AirPlus Servicekarten GmbH · Hans-Böckler-Straße 7 · 63263 Neu-Isenburg · Germany · Geschäftsführer: Patrick W. Diemer (Vorsitz), Klaus Busch · Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Stephan Gemkow · Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Offenbach/Main, HRB 8119

Posted by Samba <sa...@gmail.com>.
Great news!
         It would have meant much more to me if this were implemented by
now.
         Anyway, this is certainly the best way to go for fixing this issue.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [Trinidad] how to handle redirets for PPR requests on session time out

Posted by Samba <sa...@gmail.com>.
Harald,

          I tried that and it indeed worked  with out any additional
changes!

          Thanks for the help,

Regards,
Samba

Posted by Samba <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samba <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Harald,

Re: RE:[Trinidad] how to handle redirets for PPR requests on session time out

Posted by "valdas.zigas" <va...@gmail.com>.
Don't forget to add:

resp.setContentType("application/xml");

Regards,