Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by ragsta <al...@libero.it> on 2006/07/20 19:11:46 UTC

ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT

hi all,
a simple question: does the ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT parameter work?

Is very important for me that my site work even if the javascript is
disabled on the user browser but turnig off the param outputlink doesn't
work more...even if the primary goal of turning off the param is to change
the behaviour of this command....

if this option is bugged I think I have to all back to a different
framework...
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
If you set that parameter for false
commandLink's wont't work any more.

JSF / HTML require that JavaScript to submit a form by a link.

also some of the custom features might not work, like sortable table...
(commandSortHeader)

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT

Posted by Guy Coleman <gu...@prolog.uk.com>.
On 20/07/2006 22:02, Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> On 7/20/06, ragsta <al...@libero.it> wrote:
>> a simple question: does the ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT parameter work?
>>
>> Is very important for me that my site work even if the javascript is
>> disabled on the user browser but turnig off the param outputlink doesn't
>> work more...even if the primary goal of turning off the param is to
>> change
>> the behaviour of this command....
>>
>> if this option is bugged I think I have to all back to a different
>> framework...
>
> You will be very limited in what you can do if you disabled javascript.
> For instance, h:commandLink cannot work without javascript.
>
> Most of the interesting components also require javascript, as do a
> lot of the common "tricks" for accomplishing tasks.
>
> You're probably better off not using JSF if you're not able to allow
> javascript.

We have had some success with using styled h:commandButtons instead of
commandLinks to avoid Javascript.

It's true that some advanced components cannot be used without
Javascript, but we have taken the approach that a site that degrades
gracefully is acceptable. For example, the inputDate popup cannot be
used without Javascript but the user can still enter a date manually in
the input box.

-Guy.

Re: ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT

Posted by Markus Bussemer <ma...@voeb-zvd.de>.
If you have not found any other solution you could write your own
renderer to make CommandLinks work without Javascript.
You just have to add one missing parameter.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-198

tells you how to do it.

Best regards,
Markus Bussemer

Softwareentwicklung E-/M-Payment
VÖB-ZVD
Bank für Zahlungsverkehrsdienstleistungen GmbH
Godesberger Allee 88

53175 Bonn

Tel.: +49 (0) 228 9377-512
Fax:  +49 (0) 228 9377-509
E-Mail: markus.bussemer@voeb-zvd.de
Internet: http://www.voeb-zvd.de

RE: ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT

Posted by ragsta <al...@libero.it>.
Yes, i've read something about..

The feature that stick me to commandlink tags is the chance to add param
values to the action...
and I cannot imagine other way to do that with the commandbutton...

Have you some workaround to achieve the same result with commandbutton?

Maybe extending the commandbuttonclass?
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT

Posted by ragsta <al...@libero.it>.
ok,
I can understand this, but if it's so...
what is the aim meaning that tag???

regards..
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.