Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2010/09/22 00:28:32 UTC

JMS Transport

Just wondering if you guys know of anyone doing JAX-RS over JMS?  Specifically, using JMS to establish the communication channel, then send/rx REST messages ver that channel (instead of making a new HTTP request each time).  ATM my main users are a java client, though need to keep the window open for a web UI later and I'd like to keep using JAX-RS bits as the main entry point.  Just that I would rather connect/secure the clients channel once and then overload it for passing async messages back via cometd-ishly as well.  That and HTTP is pissing me off.

Anyways, anyone know if this exists somewhere and if not how difficult it might be to implement a JMS transport for wink?

--jason

Re: JMS Transport

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:
> On Sep 23, 2010, at 3:02 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:
>> We have very good integration between Tuscany and Wink (for rest
>> binding). You could be able to plug and play with both JMS and REST
>> bindings and acomplish your requirements. If you are interested, I
>> could help you get started.
>
> I'd certainly like to hear more about it!
>
> :-)
>
> --jason

I'll work on some sample scenario over the weekend. if you already
have a simple scenario in mind, please let me know.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: JMS Transport

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: JMS Transport

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: JMS Transport

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: JMS Transport

Posted by Nicholas Gallardo <ni...@yahoo.com>.
JMS support doesn't currently exist for Wink.  Wink, to date, has been purely
HTTP-based.  I'm a little confused as to your motivation to go that way though.
Is it to reduce chattiness (and number of outstanding number of connections) of
clients/services?  Or more to have clients submit longer running jobs and not
leave connections idle?

>  That and HTTP is pissing me off.

Not much we can do about that one.