Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> on 2009/11/25 02:19:01 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release

Hello,

I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release.

We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!

We are voting on the following release artifacts:

	http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/0.10.1/

These artifacts have been built from the 0.10.1 tag in Subversion:

	http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/0.10.1/

Happy voting,

Noah

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release

Posted by Christopher Brown <cb...@opscode.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release.
>
> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!

>        http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/0.10.1/
>
> These artifacts have been built from the 0.10.1 tag in Subversion:
>
>        http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/0.10.1/
>
> Happy voting,
>
> Noah

+1

make distcheck and Futon tests pass for me.

Darwin Kernel Version 9.8.0: Wed Jul 15 16:55:01 PDT 2009;
root:xnu-1228.15.4~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.5 [source] [smp:2]
[async-threads:0] [kernel-poll:false]

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release

Posted by Christopher Brown <cb...@opscode.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 2:19 AM, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release.
>
> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!

>        http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/0.10.1/
>
> These artifacts have been built from the 0.10.1 tag in Subversion:
>
>        http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/0.10.1/
>
> Happy voting,
>
> Noah

Tested on ubuntu karmic, macosx 10.6.2, openbsd-current without problem.
make distcheck ok
make check ok
signature ok
web tests ok

+ 1 so :)

- benoît

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release

Posted by Vlad GURDIGA <gu...@gmail.com>.
Looks good on 32-bit FC11.

make check ok
Futon test suite ok

[vladd@kpax 0.10.1]$ uname -a
Linux kpax 2.6.30.9-96.fc11.i586 #1 SMP Tue Nov 3 23:33:04 EST 2009
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[vladd@kpax 0.10.1]$ erl
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.5 [source] [smp:2]
[async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.6.5  (abort with ^G)
1>
BREAK: (a)bort (c)ontinue (p)roc info (i)nfo (l)oaded
       (v)ersion (k)ill (D)b-tables (d)istribution
[vladd@kpax 0.10.1]$

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> Mac & Linux work. Signatures are good. Thanks Noah!

yes thanks for the hard work :)

- benoît

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On 25 Nov 2009, at 02:19, Noah Slater wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release.
>
> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!

> 	http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/0.10.1/
>
> These artifacts have been built from the 0.10.1 tag in Subversion:
>
> 	http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/0.10.1/
>
> Happy voting,

Mac & Linux work. Signatures are good. Thanks Noah!

+1

Cheers
Jan

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release

Posted by Vlad GURDIGA <gu...@gmail.com>.
On x86_64 FC 11 make check and futon tests went smoothly.

Here is version info:

[vladd@kpax 0.10.1]$ uname -a
Linux kpax.m 2.6.30.9-96.fc11.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Nov 4 00:02:04 EST
2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[vladd@kpax 0.10.1]$ erl
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.5 [source] [64-bit] [smp:2]
[async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.6.5  (abort with ^G)
1>
BREAK: (a)bort (c)ontinue (p)roc info (i)nfo (l)oaded
       (v)ersion (k)ill (D)b-tables (d)istribution
[vladd@kpax 0.10.1]$ svn info
Repository Root: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
Repository UUID: 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
Revision: 884033
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: nslater
Last Changed Rev: 883928
Last Changed Date: 2009-11-25 01:45:56 +0200 (Wed, 25 Nov 2009)

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On 25 Nov 2009, at 15:41, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 15:21, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On a local network or regular uplink? Any chance you can test
>> with a browser near that box or a box near your browser?
>
> The browser is in a data center, with sufficient uplink. On the
> browser side, somewhat regular ADSL.

Same here. I couldn't reproduce it locally so I assume a timing
issue. Other tests are time / latency sensitive, too.

Cheers
Jan

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <dj...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 15:21, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
> On a local network or regular uplink? Any chance you can test
> with a browser near that box or a box near your browser?

The browser is in a data center, with sufficient uplink. On the
browser side, somewhat regular ADSL.

Cheers,

Dirkjan

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <dj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <dj...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 02:19, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release.

On Gentoo x86, SpiderMonkey 1.7, Erlang 13B2, I get one failure in the
Futon test suite:

erlang_views fails with Exception: {}

All other tests pass.

Cheers,

Dirkjan

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release

Posted by Vlad GURDIGA <gu...@gmail.com>.
Looks good on 32-bit FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE.

gmake check ok
Futon test suite ok

kpax# uname -a
FreeBSD kpax.localdomain 8.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE #0: Sat Nov
21 15:48:17 UTC 2009
root@almeida.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
kpax# erl
Erlang R13B02 (erts-5.7.3) [source] [rq:1] [async-threads:0] [hipe]
[kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.7.3  (abort with ^G)
1>
BREAK: (a)bort (c)ontinue (p)roc info (i)nfo (l)oaded
       (v)ersion (k)ill (D)b-tables (d)istribution
kpax#

Posted by Sam Bisbee <sb...@computervip.com>.
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 01:19:01AM +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release.
>
> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!

> 	http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/0.10.1/
>
> These artifacts have been built from the 0.10.1 tag in Subversion:
>
> 	http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/0.10.1/
>
> Happy voting,
>
> Noah

Built and ran test suite on Debian squeeze (amd64) with no problems.

+1

--
Sam Bisbee

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release

Posted by Vlad GURDIGA <gu...@gmail.com>.
On x86_64 Centos 5.4:
- make check fails 07 test*
- all Futon tests passed

Version info is included.

* http://pastie.org/714273

[VOTE RESULTS] (was Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.10.1 release)

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Hello,

The final tally of the vote is:

 6 +1 votes

This exceeds the required minimum three +1 votes and the proposal passes.

I shall prepare the release as soon as possible.

The individual votes are as follows:

	+1 Benoit Chesneau
	http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/200911.mbox/%3cb7cd8ed10911250310y7a4200c7u52deb6e68d370ed4@mail.gmail.com%3e

	+1 Jan Lehnardt
	http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/200911.mbox/%3c43569A4B-108A-4B66-BBF2-E8A68B56F78A@apache.org%3e

	+1 Sebastian Cohnen
	http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/200911.mbox/%3c0EEB5741-2368-4D64-8CD2-4DDE9553BC6A@googlemail.com%3e

	+1 Christopher Brown
	http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/200911.mbox/%3c4B0D789E.2070607@opscode.com%3e

	+1 Sam Bisbee
	http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/200911.mbox/%3c20091127212851.GC29914@orbital%3e

	+1 Chris Anderson
	http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/200911.mbox/%3ce282921e0911292203x3332a96bq3ea8acb6a2d80e38@mail.gmail.com%3e

Additionally, Vlad Gurdiga did some extensive testing but didn't explicitly vote either way so I've not included that.

Thanks to everyone who voted.

Best,

Posted by Sebastian Cohnen <se...@googlemail.com>.
+1

only had the time to check on my OS X 10.6.2, no issues, test suite runs fine

tisba

Posted by Vlad GURDIGA <gu...@gmail.com>.
Looks good on 32-bit FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE.

gmake check ok
Futon test suite ok

kpax# uname -a
FreeBSD kpax.localdomain 7.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE #0: Fri May
1 08:49:13 UTC 2009
root@walker.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
kpax# erl
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.5 [source] [async-threads:0] [hipe]

Posted by Vlad GURDIGA <gu...@gmail.com>.
Looks good on 32-bit FreeBSD 6.4-RELEASE.

make check ok
Futon test suite ok

kpax# uname -a
FreeBSD kpax.localdomain 6.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.4-RELEASE #0: Wed Nov
26 11:43:51 UTC 2008
root@dessler.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
kpax# erl
Erlang R13B03 (erts-5.7.4) [source] [rq:1] [async-threads:0] [hipe]
[kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.7.4  (abort with ^G)