Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Alexander Saint Croix <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/15 04:32:28 UTC

Building the ATOM Stack on OS X: Apache Tomcat, OpenEJB and MySQL

Hey, guys.

This evening I cranked out a series of video tutorials for installing the
Apache Tomcat / OpenEJB / MySQL stack on OS X, and an accompanying PDF with
screenshots.

The attached PDF links to the videos and is a snapshot of the
work-in-progress at:
https://wiki.umn.edu/genpdf/OpenEJB/Building_the_ATOM_stack

The wiki version of that same document is here:
https://wiki.umn.edu/view/OpenEJB/Building_the_ATOM_stack

The three videos for parts 1-3 are here in Flash 8 video format:
Part 1: https://mediamill.cla.umn.edu/mediamill/embed/6992
Part 2: https://mediamill.cla.umn.edu/mediamill/embed/6994
Part 3: https://mediamill.cla.umn.edu/mediamill/embed/6996

And the iPod versions of these video tutorials are available here:
Part 1: https://mediamill.cla.umn.edu/mediamill/download.php?file=6993.m4v
Part 2: https://mediamill.cla.umn.edu/mediamill/download.php?file=6995.m4v
Part 3: https://mediamill.cla.umn.edu/mediamill/download.php?file=6997.m4v

Part 4 will be a re-treading of the demo that Dain showed me last week with
the HelloWorld Stateless Session Bean.
Part 5 will include a round-trip to the database with a dirt-simple Entity
bean (a modified version of the OpenJPA helloworld example)

The purpose of this effort is to lower the barrier to entry and produce a
high-quality "getting started" manual, so that more advanced tutorials and
articles can be written without having to retread this ground.

I'll work on parts 4 and 5 tomorrow. At the moment, I need some Hunan
chicken.

Cheers,
--
Alex