Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Richard Humphrey <ri...@multicam.com> on 2004/07/16 14:41:27 UTC

3.0 Pre2 install

I had the same problem when trying to build rpm from tar ball on pre1. I
renamed pre1 to remove the -pre in the name and once doing that it
worked.  On pre2 when I remove the -pre2 from the name it is named
Mail-SpamAssassin-3.0.0.tar.gz. When I run the following I still have
problems.

]# rpmbuild --tb Mail-SpamAssassin-3.0.0.tar.gz
error: File /root/Mail-SpamAssassin-3.000000.tar.gz: No such file or
directory

What should I rename this to exactly?

Richard

Re: 3.0 Pre2 install

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 07:41:27AM -0500, Richard Humphrey wrote:
> ]# rpmbuild --tb Mail-SpamAssassin-3.0.0.tar.gz
> error: File /root/Mail-SpamAssassin-3.000000.tar.gz: No such file or
> directory
>
> What should I rename this to exactly?

Yeah, the file version numbering was changed between pre1
and pre2, but no one touched the spec file.  I changed it
post-pre2, so...  You can either rename it the 3.000000 way,
grab the spec file from SVN and build using that, or you can grab
http://spamassassin.kluge.net/RPMS/spamassassin-3.0.0-p2.src.rpm
which should work correctly, in theory. :)

I forgot about this when writing up the download page instructions,
should go fix that. <sigh>

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"L: And stop saying Okay, okay?