Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Darren Marvin <dj...@it-innovation.soton.ac.uk> on 2003/12/22 12:04:48 UTC

Accessing attachments in Axis response handler

Hi all,

Is it actually possible to access returned attachment parts from within an Axis response handler? I have written a response handler that needs to check the attachments before they are returned to the client.

I have tried to retrieve the attachments from the response message but that just returns an empty list of attachments. It might be me using the wrong bit of the API. Here is more or less what I did:

org.apache.axis.Message outMsg = msgContext.getResponseMessage();
Iterator attIterator = outMsg.getAttachments();

But the iterator has no contents.

Thanks in advance,

Darren.