Posted to users@maven.apache.org by motes motes <mo...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/27 13:24:16 UTC

Calling versions plugin from code?

I am writing a java class where I need to use the
versions-maven-plugin to basically do what I normally do from command
line:

mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=1.0.1-SNAPSHOT

Having maven installed locally (and on the path) is not an option. In
a project I have added:

		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
			<artifactId>versions-maven-plugin</artifactId>
			<version>2.0</version>
		</dependency>

an started work on at test:

    SetMojo ss = new SetMojo();
    Model model = new Model();
    MavenProject project = new MavenProject(model);
    project.setFile(new File("test/pom.xml"));
    ss.setProject(project);
    try {
      ss.execute();
    } catch (MojoExecutionException e) {
      e.printStackTrace();
    } catch (MojoFailureException e) {
      e.printStackTrace();
    }

But it could be nice with some examples/unit tests that shows how to
do this the right way. Any recommendations for this?

Re: Calling versions plugin from code?

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <bm...@batmat.net>.
Hi,
Plugins run in a managed environment, parameters are injected, etc.
So instantiating the mojos manually is not going to working.

You should have a look at maven embedder.

Cheers

2013/3/27 motes motes <mo...@gmail.com>

> I am writing a java class where I need to use the
> versions-maven-plugin to basically do what I normally do from command
> line:
>
> mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=1.0.1-SNAPSHOT
>
> Having maven installed locally (and on the path) is not an option. In
> a project I have added:
>
>                 <dependency>
>                         <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>                         <artifactId>versions-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>                         <version>2.0</version>
>                 </dependency>
>
> an started work on at test:
>
>     SetMojo ss = new SetMojo();
>     Model model = new Model();
>     MavenProject project = new MavenProject(model);
>     project.setFile(new File("test/pom.xml"));
>     ss.setProject(project);
>     try {
>       ss.execute();
>     } catch (MojoExecutionException e) {
>       e.printStackTrace();
>     } catch (MojoFailureException e) {
>       e.printStackTrace();
>     }
>
> But it could be nice with some examples/unit tests that shows how to
> do this the right way. Any recommendations for this?

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !