Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> on 2018/07/24 16:02:39 UTC

Creating an JDBC

Karaf 4.2

I am trying to create a JDBC datasource for a DBMS not natively supported by
PAX-JDBC, specifically Ingres.   Below are the commands I am using to
install the Ingres JDBC driver and create the datasource.  Based on the log
files, the creation process is waiting on a service dependency.

karaf@root()> bundle:install wrap:mvn:com.ingres.jdbc/iijdbc/9.2-3.4.10
karaf@root()> jdbc:ds-create -url jdbc:ingres://localhost/dbname -u user -p
password -dc com.ingres.jdbc.IngresDataSource myDS
karaf@root()> log:display
11:47:35.465 INFO [CM Configuration Updater (Update:
pid=org.ops4j.datasource.b91f90b0-b399-49ab-9f55-9ab522d24833)] Waiting for
service dependency:
(&(objectClass=org.osgi.service.jdbc.DataSourceFactory)(osgi.jdbc.driver.class=com.ingres.jdbc.IngresDataSource))

How to I create a JDBC datasource using com.ingres.jdbc.IngresDataSource?

Re: Creating an JDBC

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

As a workaround, you can try to use the bundle:dynamic-import command on
Pax JDBC bundles.

I will check later today if it makes sense to enable by default for
generic driver support.

Regards
JB

Re: Creating an JDBC

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com>.
JB,

Re: Creating an JDBC

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Paul,

Re: Creating an JDBC

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Christian,

I thought we provide a GenericDataSourceFactory taking just a driver (as
we did with the generic datasource when we used blueprint).

I will check and add this if required: it should be easier for our end
users as they should be able to create a generic datasource without code.

Regards
JB

Re: Creating an JDBC

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.