Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Jaonary Rabarisoa <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/28 15:38:55 UTC

Why transformer from ml.Pipeline transform only a DataFrame ?

Hi there,

The actual API of ml.Transformer use only DataFrame as input. I have a use
case where I need to transform a single element. For example transforming
an element from spark-streaming. Is there any reason for this or the
ml.Transformer will support transforming a single element later ?

Cheers,

Jao

Re: Why transformer from ml.Pipeline transform only a DataFrame ?

Posted by Xiangrui Meng <me...@gmail.com>.
Yes, we will open up APIs in next release. There were some discussion about
the APIs. One approach is to have multiple methods for different outputs
like predicted class and probabilities. -Xiangrui