Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mohan <mo...@infotechsw.com> on 2005/05/16 09:37:09 UTC

session-problem

Hi,

   I created a jsp page as follows,

in the struts-config filie My action-mapping is as follows

			<action path="/ex.do"
				type="com.ex.ex1.ex1.actions.ExAction"
				name="exForm"
				parameter="method"
				scope="session"
				validate="false">
				<forward
						name="exfarward"
				 		path="/jsp/ex.jsp"/>

			</action>

I am retriving the values from Database and I am setting it using the set
method.
But if I keep the form bean scope in session,It is  showing the value in the
text box.If I keep the form bean scope in the request it is not showing the
value.

Thanks,
Mohan

Re: session-problem

Posted by Rick Reumann <st...@reumann.net>.
Mohan wrote the following on 5/16/2005 3:37 AM:

> I am retriving the values from Database and I am setting it using the set
> method.
> But if I keep the form bean scope in session,It is  showing the value in the
> text box.If I keep the form bean scope in the request it is not showing the
> value.

Could you explain a bit more the flow of your pages? And when you say:
"I am retriving the values from Database and I am setting it using the
set method" what does that mean? How does your form look on the page
that you are saying only shows a session based form?

--
Rick

Re: session-problem

Posted by Hubert Rabago <hr...@gmail.com>.
When you switch from "session" to "request", do you remember to change
the scope where you set the form in your action class?  What I mean
is, in your action class, you should also change

session.setAttribute("exForm", exForm);

request.setAttribute("exForm", exForm);

Hubert