Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Tony Giaccone <to...@giaccone.org> on 2019/05/20 15:34:48 UTC

Problems with Modeler...

I've been away for a week and this morning I tried to start the Modeler and
am getting this message:

Unable to load Java Environment

Not sure what's causing this. Anyone have any insights?

$ java -version

java version "1.8.0_121"

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode)

$ echo $JAVA_HOME

/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_121.jdk/Contents/Home

The log file only shows:

(CayenneModeler.2716[70491]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1

There is a version of openjdk java 11 on my machine, I tried disabling it
by change Info.plist to Info.plist.disabled which removed it from the list
reported by /usr/libexec/java_home -V but hasn't solved my problem.

Any suggestions?

Tony

Re: Problems with Modeler...

Posted by Tony Giaccone <to...@giaccone.org>.
We started a project with a certain tool set, and we've continued to use
that toolset. Now obviously it's time to upgrade. :-)

Re: Problems with Modeler...

Posted by Maik Musall <ma...@selbstdenker.ag>.
Hi Tony,

Re: Problems with Modeler...

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
On 21/5/19 1:34am, Tony Giaccone wrote:
> I've been away for a week and this morning I tried to start the Modeler and
> am getting this message:
>
> Unable to load Java Environment
>
> Not sure what's causing this. Anyone have any insights?
>
> $ java -version
>
> java version "1.8.0_121"

I see you are on OSX. The new easiest way to keep this updated for me
seems to be:

# brew tap AdoptOpenJDK/openjdk
# brew cask install|adoptopenjdk8 |The downside is that this package doesn't include WebStart. But it
avoids Oracle's mysterious new licensing and is easy to keep up to date.
I also find # brew install jenv useful to switch between Java versions. Ari