Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Divya Gehlot <di...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/12 04:02:37 UTC

Difference between join and inner join

Hi ,
What's the difference between" join " and "inner join" in hive ?

Thanks ,
Divya

Re: Difference between join and inner join

Posted by hadoop hive <ha...@gmail.com>.
They are functionally equivalent, but INNER JOIN can be a bit clearer to read, especially if the query has other join types (i.e. LEFT or RIGHT or CROSS) included in it.

Regards
Vikas Srivastava

Posted by Devopam Mittra <de...@gmail.com>.
+1 to this question. I will appreciate if someone can shed light on behind
the scenes for this one. Might give us ideas for best practice.

Regards
Devopam

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
join is by default inner join as in Oracle or Sybase.

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

such loss, damage or destruction.