Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Alberto Coello <co...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/09 16:17:39 UTC

Does Kafka Connect handles well having lots of connectors in the same cluster?

So, I have the intention to deploy a lot of connectors(An unbounded number,
like hundreds, thousands or more) in my Kafka Connect cluster, each of them
would be of the same class(org.kaliy.kafka.connect.rss.RssSourceConnector)
but with different configuration, the difference would be in the RSS URI
they read from. I mean to  create, and manage, them in an automated way
implementing a process in charge of managing their status via Connect REST
API. BUT as all Connect configuration is saved in three
topics: config.storage.topic, offset.storage.topic and
status.storage.topic; I am doubting about its capacity to handle this
number of connectors. Any other problems you can higlight about this
approach would be appreciated, thanks a lot!.

Re: Does Kafka Connect handles well having lots of connectors in the same cluster?

Posted by Ning Zhang <ni...@gmail.com>.
As org.kaliy.kafka.connect.rss.RssSourceConnector is open-source, it seems a better idea to extend it to read from multiple RSS URI, so you may still enjoy the fine-granularity of automated management of a set of URI within one connector, while not creating too many connectors