Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Robert S. Thau" <rs...@ai.mit.edu> on 1995/08/29 00:49:10 UTC

0.8.11 + all patches available for testing...

I've made a copy of my current test build available on ftp.ai.mit.edu,
as apache_0.8.12x.tar.* in <ftp://ftp.ai.mit.edu/pub/users/rst> (as
ever).  This contains all but one of the patches submitted for this
round, in the latest versions available to me; the things that you
might expect to see which you won't are:

*) patch11.bsdi-longsz [Doesn't apply cleanly, and when applied
   manually, wrecks things on SunOS; patch11.no-bsd-conf has the
   same effect in a hopefully more benign form].

*) The *very* recently submitted patch to not call gethostname on
   Solaris --- merits aside (I do have my doubts), it came in after
   the cutoff for entirely new patches.  [Procedural pedants please
   note:  I did allow additional changes to patches which had already
   been submitted during the discussion period, to work out problems
   with them --- that's what the discussion period is for].

Everything else is in there; trying this out will at least tell you if
some patch which you wouldn't have tried otherwise turns the server
belly-up on your system.

Voting starts tomorrow...

rst