Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@apache.org> on 2017/11/25 14:54:52 UTC

[Log4j] ProcessIdUtil

Regarding https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-2126

Why is ProcessIdUtil in log4j-api in the first place? It is only used
from log4j-core. Can't we move it to log4j-core?

I think that in general, we have too much things in log4j-api, and that
causes problems like this.

Re: [Log4j] ProcessIdUtil

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@apache.org>.
I suggest that next time we want to add a Java 9 version of something
not actuallly used in log4j-api, we create a Java 9 version of
log4j-core and put it there.

Re: [Log4j] ProcessIdUtil

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.