Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/10 01:31:26 UTC

Build hangs on org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.KeepAilveTest

Hi All...

  I had fresh copy from svn and the build hangs on this test class. My
environment is:

OS: MS Windows XP SP2
-----

Java :
--------
java version "1.5.0_16"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_16-b02)

Anyone can help ?

--
----
Thanks

Re: Build hangs on org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.KeepAilveTest

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Alex Grönholm
<al...@nextday.fi> wrote:

> Because the topics in question are, IMHO, too broad to be properly addressed
> here. This mailing list is for discussing OpenEJB development, and I for one
> don't want to pollute it with off topic chatter that is of little to no
> value to anyone outside the parties involved.
> Also, to be able to contribute code to a complex project such as this,
> certain basic knowledge about computers and operating systems (such as
> processes and threads) is required. While I'm not judging anyone for lack
> thereof, I simply feel that educating people about these matters is beyond
> the scope of this specific mailing list. At the very least, these questions
> should be asked on the users' list and not here.

Oh, come on. I'm sure you know how to explain the "certain basic
knowledge" as it's certainly basic and simple to explain. Don't get me
wrong, but it's not about simple things re computers, but about
helping people and not polluting this mailing list. I'm sure it's more
complicated and deserves special handling. Nobody will complain, I'm
sure.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski

Re: Build hangs on org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.KeepAilveTest

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 4:32 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
<no...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Opened a JIRA issue to track the problem -
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-966

Great. It's much better to exclude a test case than a developer ;-)

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski

Re: Build hangs on org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.KeepAilveTest

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Opened a JIRA issue to track the problem -

--
----
Thanks

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Grönholm <al...@nextday.fi>.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex...

Posted by Alex Grönholm <al...@nextday.fi>.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Dain...

Posted by "Daniel S. Haischt" <da...@googlemail.com>.
Alex,

please treat people on this list respectfully even if you think they
are 'chatters'. I am sure we all can handle such chatters
appropriately with our MUA of choice if we have to ;)

Beside that I do not consider Mohamed's question off-topic. Always
keep in mind that everybody on this list and every question is always
welcome! Especially if it comes from an OpenEJB committer like Mohamed
who spend an reasonable amount of his personal time to contribute
important work to OpenEJB on a pro bono basis.

Cheers
Daniel

Posted by Alex Grönholm <al...@nextday.fi>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by Alex Grönholm <al...@nextday.fi>.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

--
----
Thanks

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

--
----
Thanks

Posted by Alex Grönholm <al...@nextday.fi>.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dain...

--
----
Thanks

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

--
----
Thanks

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

--
----
Thanks

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
Java 5 tools
------------

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Good question ;).

--
----
Thanks

Posted by Alex Grönholm <al...@nextday.fi>.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
You mean that you have the same problem ?

--
----
Thanks

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.