Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/29 23:10:06 UTC

Re: Column (byte[], byte[], long) - error in compilation and inserting

[moving to user list]

It's not clear to me what "the library" is that you're using or what
Cassandra version you're trying to talk to.

I'd recommend using the latest Hector 0.7 version, with Cassandra 0.7.5.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

update: Column (byte[], byte[], long) - error in compilation and inserting

Posted by L Mckay <lm...@yahoo.com>.

long ts = System.currentTimeMillis();
           ColumnPath colPathName = new ColumnPath(casKeyFam);

           byte[] myname = "name".getBytes() ;
           byte[] myval = "Reggie".getBytes();

            Column nameCol = new Column(myname, myval, ts); - the java compiler does not like this. There is an older client that likes the "Clock" parameter instead, but there's a different library.

Do you need more information?