Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by bhaskariim <bh...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/07 14:28:28 UTC

Is is possible to capture cookies with recording?

Hi All,

Is there is any way to capture the cookies in Jmeter using record option.

Re: Is is possible to capture cookies with recording?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
You can add the View Results Tree Listener as a child of the Proxy
recorder and it will show the cookies - but you can't save them.

Posted by Jatin Davey <ja...@cisco.com>.

Posted by Nikolay_Miroshnichenko <ni...@gmail.com>.
Deepak Shetty wrote:
> No, but why would you want this at all?
> When the test is run (without the cookies), the server will set the cookies
> (exactly as before when you were running) , and assuming that you are using
> the Cookie manager, your further tests will send back the cookies .
>
> if you want to test out something like Remember me (where the user's
> credentials are stored as part of a cookie) then you should do it as part of
> your test.
>
> regards
> deepak
>
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 5:28 AM, bhaskariim <bh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Is there is any way to capture the cookies in Jmeter using record option.
>> --

You can see responses from a server if you put "View Results Tree"
listener under "HTTP Proxy Server" node.
And there are strings like "Set-Cookie: cookieName=cookieValue; path=/"
at tab "Sampler Result".
Then you can add these cookie values in a node "HTTP Cookie Manager".
There are usually "permanent" and "dynamic" cookies. The last will be
changed every new (without sending a cookie to a server) request.

--
Best Regards
Nikolay Miroshnichenko

Re: Is is possible to capture cookies with recording?

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.