Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ver Allan Sumabat <ve...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/21 07:24:20 UTC

ClassCastException on javax.crypto.Cipher and Tomcat4.0.3

Hi,

I have coded my security module using bouncycastle
provider and clean-room jce implementation
(jce-jdk13-111.jar). On standalone, the decrypt module
seems to be working. When the code is integrated in
the servlet and deployed on Tomcat-4.0.3, a
ClassCastException is thrown:

java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.JCERSACipher$NoPadding
at javax.crypto.Cipher.getInstance(Cipher.java:121)

I placed jce-jdk13-111.jar in <webapps>/WEB-INF/lib
and tested, no luck. Tried in <tomcat-home>/common/lib
and tested, same problem. also tried in
<tomcat-home>/lib, <tomcat-home>/server/lib.

It seems that this is more of a tomcat problem than a
bouncycastle problem because it worked in stand alone
when i placed jce-jdk13-111.jar in
<java-home>/jre/lib/ext.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Regards,