Posted to dev@tajo.apache.org by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org> on 2013/05/08 13:35:19 UTC

[DISUCSS] Switching protocol buffers to another one

Dear Henry and folks,

In TAJO-28 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAJO-28), there was a
discussion of switching protocol buffers to another one. Henry's suggestion
is to switch protocol buffer to avro. At that time, I said that I'll create
jira issues for it. I'm sorry for late response.

At the first time, I also +1ed for the switching. However, Tajo has heavily
used protocol buffers throughout the project. It will cause many overheads
for us. If you are ok, I would like to postpone this discussion. I think
that there are many important issues to be solved right now.

Best regards,
Hyunsik

Re: [DISUCSS] Switching protocol buffers to another one

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.
Henry,

Thank you for your understanding. Later, we could have an opportunity to
discuss this issue.

Thanks!

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.
Owen,

Tajo also uses protobuf for rpc and default serialization means. Thank you
for letting me know the worth experience. That lesson is very helpful to us
too.

Best regards,
Hyunsik

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.