Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Prasi S <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/27 07:15:43 UTC

Solr Autowarmed queries on jvm crash

Hi,
What happens to the autowarmed queries if the servers is shutdown / jvm
crashes.

Is there any possibility to recover that from the physical storage (
trasaction log?)

Thanks,
Sinduja

Re: Solr Autowarmed queries on jvm crash

Posted by "michael.boom" <my...@yahoo.com>.
As Shawn stated above, when you start up Solr there will be no such thing as
caches or old searchers.
If you want to warm up, you can only rely on firstSearcher and newSearcher
queries.

/"What would happen to the autowarmed queries , cache , old searcher now ?"/
They're all gone.

-----
Thanks,
Michael

Re: Solr Autowarmed queries on jvm crash

Posted by Prasi S <pr...@gmail.com>.
Ok. i have started solr for the first time and have autowarmed few queries.
Now my jvm crashes due to some other reason . Then i restart solr. What
would happen to the autowarmed queries , cache , old searcher now.

Thanks,
Prasi

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Prasi S <pr...@gmail.com>.