Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Sendoh <un...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/08 16:36:35 UTC

Exception when using the time attribute in table API

Hi Flink users,

I saw this error

12/08/2017 17:31:27	groupBy: (shipmentNumber), window:
(TumblingGroupWindow('w$, 'rowtime, 3600000.millis)), select:
(shipmentNumber, SUM(grandTotal) AS EXPR$1) -> to: Row(3/4) switched to
FAILED
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.flink.api.common.functions.AggregateFunction.add(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)V

The flink version is 1.4-SNAPSHOT. I already implemetend
DefinedRowtimeAttribute in my table source and return the
event time column as row time

I thought of mvn issue and, and also tried 1.3.2 and it shows the data type
is not supporting tumble window no matter using Types.LONG() or
Types.SQL_TIMESTAMP().

Is there anything I should also notice?

Best,

Sendoh

Re: Exception when using the time attribute in table API

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,

NoSuchMethodError probably comes from some mismatched compile/runtime versions of the Flink. Do you have to use 1.4-SNAPSHOT version? It can change on daily basis, so you have to be more careful about what Flink jar's you are using at runtime and what on compile time. If you really need some 1.4 features, it would be better to relay on the latest RC version (currently that would be RC3).

Regarding 1.3.2 sorry, could you be more specific what problem are you observing and provide more details (stack trace/log)? Is it compiler error? Runtime error?

Piotrek