Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ch...@labware.com on 2008/03/12 06:06:07 UTC

Ajax support enabled?

Hi ,
         We want to load test the current version of our Ajax based  web
application using JMeter.

  We succesfully load tested  the previous version of our product using
JMeter and got some good results  .This was a JSF based web application .
The only difference between the new version and the previous version of
our web-app is the current version suppports Ajax on top of JSF. So we no
longer have full page refresh in the browser for each of our clicks .  Can
we go ahead and load test our system ? Or is Ajax going to be a show
stopper for us ?

Regards,

Subhrajyoti
Mobile: +919830079545
Mail: choudhury@labware.com
Web: www.labware.com

LabWare LIMS Solutions - Results Count

Re: stop a test execution into a javarequest class

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12/03/2008, Fulvio Guglielmelli <fu...@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>  i implemeted a set of test using javarequest call.
>
>  if during the runTest() or setupTest() i receive an exception and i want stop the test how can I do it?
>
>  the sampleResult obj habve not a STOP method.
>
>  thanks

Throw a JMeterStopThreadException to stop the current thread.

Or throw a JMeterStopTestException

Posted by Fulvio Guglielmelli <fu...@yahoo.it>.
Hi,
i implemeted a set of test using javarequest call.

if during the runTest() or setupTest() i receive an exception and i want stop the test how can I do it?

the sampleResult obj habve not a STOP method.

thanks
FULVIO

---------------------------------
Inviato da Yahoo! Mail.
Il servizio di posta con lo spazio illimitato.

Re: Ajax support enabled?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12/03/2008, Choudhury@labware.com <Ch...@labware.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>          We want to load test the current version of our Ajax based  web
>  application using JMeter.
>
>   We succesfully load tested  the previous version of our product using
>  JMeter and got some good results  .This was a JSF based web application .
>  The only difference between the new version and the previous version of
>  our web-app is the current version suppports Ajax on top of JSF. So we no
>  longer have full page refresh in the browser for each of our clicks .  Can
>  we go ahead and load test our system ? Or is Ajax going to be a show
>  stopper for us ?

JMeter does not support the interpretation of Javascript in downloaded
pages, so it won't interpret the Ajax calls.

Nor does it support parallel downloading of resources within a single
thread, but presumably that was not a problem for you previously
(browsers may download images in parallel threads).

Depending on exactly what you are trying to test, these may or may not
be a problem for you.

JMeter is not a browser, however it can generate whatever HTTP request
that you care to define, so you can generate the Ajax requests (by
hand or by using the proxy).

The exact timing of these may or may not be critical for your server.