Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2012/12/20 00:58:07 UTC

Flex github mirrors

Hi,

Was just taking a look at some of the github mirrors.
https://github.com/apache/flex
https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk

By default it shows no changes in the last several months which is probably not what we want to say to the outside world.

Is there any way we can get develop to show as the default branch?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Flex github mirrors

Posted by Dasa Paddock <dp...@esri.com>.
Is the first mirror at https://github.com/apache/flex still valid? If not, maybe it can be removed.

--Dasa

Re: Flex github mirrors

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.

Sure, created this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5686

> > I think its fine how it is though, most GitHub users will see the
> Branches
>
> Most developers yes, but other people might just want to see activity of
> the project (github have nice graphs) and get the wrong impression.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Maybe we can put a link on the website or wiki that says look at recent
activity or whatever, and point it to the rss feed:
https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/commits/develop.atom ?

-omar

Re: Flex github mirrors

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Flex github mirrors

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Was just taking a look at some of the github mirrors.
> https://github.com/apache/flex

I think this one is the mirror before SVN was reorganized, I think we need
to put in a ticket to have it deleted.

> https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk
>
> By default it shows no changes in the last several months which is
> probably not what we want to say to the outside world.
>
> Is there any way we can get develop to show as the default branch?
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Someone with admin rights to the repository would have to go into the
Settings tab for this repo and change the Default Branch to whatever we
want to show.

I think its fine how it is though, most GitHub users will see the Branches
(4) count, click it, and see this:
https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/branches

At least thats how I usually check activity.

-omar