Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com> on 2014/05/12 16:29:56 UTC

[DOCS] Using Includes in the Administration Guides

Hi All,
I have been building documentation for the Palo Alto Networks firewall
integration which I would like to add to the Administration Guide.

I have currently built the Palo Alto integration doc as a stand alone doc,
but I will be tweaking it in order to include it in
the Administration Guide.

Looking at the Administration Guide, I am noticing that the 'Managing
Networks and Traffic' section is very long and a bit difficult to manage as
it is.

I am wondering if it makes sense to have a 'networking' folder and each of
the subsections in that section be broken out into its own file which is
then included into the 'networking2.rst' file.

I am willing to work on this if you agree that this will simplify the
management of this section of the documentation.

Cheers,

Will

Re: [DOCS] Using Includes in the Administration Guides

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.
Here is a pull request for the changes I did today:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-admin/pull/11

Let me know if you have questions.

Cheers,

Will

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.
On May 16, 2014, at 11:12 PM, Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com> wrote:

> Ok, I am almost done with the first pass on the networking section.
>
> I have been focusing mainly on:
>
> - Splitting each section out into into its own include file in a
> 'networking' folder so they can be moved around and such easier.
> - Removing the extra white space returns between the list characters and
> the first line of the list item.
> - Referencing the images locally in their include file rather than in the
> 'networking2.rst' file, so if we move the files around, their image
> references still work.
>
> I have not spent time on actually reworking the content yet because this
> has been a lot of work.
>
> I will have a pull request ready shortly.
>
> Will
>
> PS - Should I create an issue in Jira for this work and then associate the
> pull request with that issue or should I just do the pull request and let
> you know?

Good practice would call for a jira ticket, but at this stage I don't care :)

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.