Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/09 11:12:17 UTC

GitHub (mirror) pull requests notifications

Could they somehow be sent to dev@, or is there legal issues?

Re: GitHub (mirror) pull requests notifications

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 10/09/2015 11:12 AM, Yann Ylavic wrote:
>> Could they somehow be sent to dev@, or is there legal issues?
>>
> No, nothing legal there...

ISTM that for patches to be donated-to/acceptable-by the ASF, they
must be sent to either bugs@ or dev@, but I can have misinterpreted
what I read (can't find it now...).

Re: GitHub (mirror) pull requests notifications

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
On 10/09/2015 11:12 AM, Yann Ylavic wrote:
> Could they somehow be sent to dev@, or is there legal issues?

No, nothing legal there...just that people didn't want GH integration ;)
If there's a desire to have it enabled, we can make it so..

With regards,
Daniel.

Re: GitHub (mirror) pull requests notifications

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 12:21 PM, Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> wrote:

> Or send GH mails to bugs@ similar to the BZ workflow?

Looks like good (and simple) way to have even further contributors
(which is never bad).
Daniel seems to say it's quite easy to do at infra level (including
two-way integration, i.e. replies to bugs@ would reach GH's
requester), so personnaly:

+1

Re: GitHub (mirror) pull requests notifications

Posted by Mads Toftum <ma...@toftum.dk>.
On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 01:00:22PM +0200, Yann Ylavic wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Mads Toftum <ma...@toftum.dk> wrote:

> >> That would be equally valuable, and probably simpler.
> >
> > And less noisy for those who would rather avoid the automated mails.
>
> Well, dev related stuff (patches) on dev@ is not really noise IMO...

They are similar to the bugzilla messages - in many ways it's just the
lazy way of skipping the part about submitting an issue with
PatchAvailable. "Noise" may not be the best word for it, but it isn't
a discussion.

vh

Mads Toftum
--
http://flickr.com/photos/q42/

Re: GitHub (mirror) pull requests notifications

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Mads Toftum <ma...@toftum.dk> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 12:42:44PM +0200, Yann Ylavic wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 12:21 PM, Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> wrote:
>> >
>> > Or send GH mails to bugs@ similar to the BZ workflow?
>>
>> That would be equally valuable, and probably simpler.
>
> And less noisy for those who would rather avoid the automated mails.

Well, dev related stuff (patches) on dev@ is not really noise IMO...

Regards,
Yann.

Re: GitHub (mirror) pull requests notifications

Posted by Mads Toftum <ma...@toftum.dk>.

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Am 09.10.2015 um 12:00 schrieb Nick Kew:
> On Fri, 2015-10-09 at 11:12 +0200, Yann Ylavic wrote:
>> Could they somehow be sent to dev@, or is there legal issues?
>
> Bugzilla activity doesn't get sent to dev@, even when
> it involves PatchAvailable (kind-of equivalent to a
> Pull Request, yesno)?
>
> If we were to propagate pull requests, we should perhaps
> review bugzilla workflow (IMHO a weakness in how we
> work now) at the same time?

Or send GH mails to bugs@ similar to the BZ workflow?

Rainer

AW: GitHub (mirror) pull requests notifications

Posted by Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group <ru...@vodafone.com>.

Good points.

Regards

Rüdiger

Re: GitHub (mirror) pull requests notifications

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.