Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Andreas Egloff <an...@forgerock.com> on 2011/10/19 18:26:22 UTC

Auto installed bundle fragment inconsistently RESOLVED or INSTALLED on startup

We have one bundle fragment that does not consistently go to RESOLVED state
after a re-start, but occasionally stays INSTALLED without a visible
failure. We have not observed issues with other fragments we use.

The bundle fragment is installed via config.properties, although the same
seemingly random behavior was observed when placing the fragment alongside
the host bundle in the auto start dir.
felix.auto.install.1

The bundle it attaches to is a bundle in the auto start directory (start
level 10).

The fragment imports one additional package (auto started bundle with start
level 1); the intent being to attach this to the host.

It seems to be reproducible more so on some platforms/environments than
others. Typically the first start is successful; with subsequent restarts
randomly working or not.

Enabling org.osgi.framework.storage.clean=onFirstInit seems to resolve or
improve the situation, but in case this is a timing/ordering issue it is
possible that this is not fully resolving the cause. It also seems more
reproducible on some platforms/environments than others.

Would you have recommendations on obtaining further data/output as to why
the fragment does not consistently go to RESOLVED?

Thanks
Andi

Re: Auto installed bundle fragment inconsistently RESOLVED or INSTALLED on startup

Posted by Andreas Egloff <an...@forgerock.com>.
Thanks Richard, so far I have not noticed anything useful. I'll see what I
can extract.
Andi

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.