Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2022/01/05 22:55:48 UTC

[allura:tickets] #8406 Installing on "Ubuntu 20.04" not possible

Port 8080 is what you want everything to go through.  When you have it set to 8080 and try to access the git repository, what logs show up in the 'http' container log?

Also when you are trying the git URL, I wouldn't expect it to work in a browser.  It provides git data, so it may only work with the git tool.  Try `git ls-remote http://allura.tennis24.ee/git/p/poster/puud.kalmer` that actually works for me currently so you probably have it working right now!

---

** [tickets:#8406] Installing on "Ubuntu 20.04" not possible**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** v1.13.0
**Labels:** install
**Created:** Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:34 PM UTC by peacecop kalmer:
**Last Updated:** Tue Jan 04, 2022 09:18 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Installing on *Ubuntu 20.04* according to the [manual](https://forge-allura.apache.org/docs/getting_started/installation.html) giving in the command:
~~~

sudo docker-compose run taskd paster setup-app docker-dev.ini
~~~

results with:

> Creating network "allura-git_default" with the default driver
> Building web
> Step 1/9 : FROM ubuntu:18.04
>  ---> 5a214d77f5d7
> Step 2/9 : RUN apt-get update && DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install -y --no-install-recommends     git-core     python3-dev     gcc     libmagic1     libssl-dev     libldap2-dev     libsasl2-dev     libjpeg8-dev     zlib1g-dev     python3-venv     zip     subversion     python3-svn     curl     locales     sudo     && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*
>  ---> Using cache
>  ---> 9e4c012987ac
> Step 3/9 : RUN curl --silent --location https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_10.x | sudo bash - &&     DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install --yes --no-install-recommends nodejs
>  ---> Using cache
>  ---> 03e2dc378636
> Step 4/9 : RUN locale-gen en_US.UTF-8
>  ---> Using cache
>  ---> 754eb37004ea
> Step 5/9 : ENV LANG en_US.UTF-8
>  ---> Using cache
>  ---> 80fe4470c51b
> Step 6/9 : ENV USER root
>  ---> Using cache
>  ---> a9a65fbce4c4
> Step 7/9 : WORKDIR /allura
>  ---> Using cache
>  ---> f3205a90cce3
> Step 8/9 : ENV PYTHONUNBUFFERED 1
>  ---> Using cache
>  ---> 336704d9b3c3
> Step 9/9 : CMD gunicorn --paste Allura/docker-dev.ini -b :8088 --reload
>  ---> Using cache
>  ---> 6eb3703bbbf8
> Successfully built 6eb3703bbbf8
> Successfully tagged allura-git_web:latest
> WARNING: Image for service web was built because it did not already exist. To rebuild this image you must use `docker-compose build` or `docker-compose up --build`.
> Creating allura-git_solr_1  ... done
> Creating allura-git_mongo_1 ... done
> Creating allura-git_web_1   ... error
>
> ERROR: for allura-git_web_1  Cannot create container for service web: create .: volume name is too short, names should be at least two alphanumeric characters
>
> ERROR: for web  Cannot create container for service web: create .: volume name is too short, names should be at least two alphanumeric characters
> ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

[allura:tickets] Re: #8406 Installing on "Ubuntu 20.04" not possible

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
The `... setup-app ...` command clears mongodb and sets up initial data, so you don't want to run that each time.  I think you can just run `docker-compose up -d` after you set LOCAL_SHARED_DATA_ROOT.

The ./allura-data/ directories should still contain the git repositories that you committed & pushed to, in case you need to recover that.  But probably best to remove those directories and re-push any new commits (assuming your local checkout has the new commits still available to push again).

---

** [tickets:#8406] Installing on "Ubuntu 20.04" not possible**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** v1.13.0
**Labels:** install
**Created:** Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:34 PM UTC by peacecop kalmer:
**Last Updated:** Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:31 AM UTC

Posted by "peacecop kalmer:" <ka...@test.tennis24.ee>.
Really, using *git*, the address worked, I could push and the data got pushed.

After that, I rebooted the server machine and had to perform the following tasks in order to get allura running again:

~~~
history
~~~
>  2002  cd /projektid/allura-git/Allura
2014  export LOCAL_SHARED_DATA_ROOT=./allura-data
 2015  sudo -E sh -c 'docker-compose run taskd paster setup-app docker-dev.ini'
 2022  docker-compose down
 2023  docker-compose up -d

The system is up again. However, there's another problem now: the pushed code is gone. I don't see the repo *poster* anymore. Only the preinstalled four repos for *admin1* are left.

---

** [tickets:#8406] Installing on "Ubuntu 20.04" not possible**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** v1.13.0
**Labels:** install
**Created:** Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:34 PM UTC by peacecop kalmer:
**Last Updated:** Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:55 PM UTC