Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Kalcevich, Daniel" <dk...@firstam.com> on 2005/11/30 18:54:10 UTC

HtmlLayout Log4J 1.3Alpha7

Everyone,

I am trying to create my own HtmlAppender and HtmlLayout.  I have
configured it using the following XML code in my properties file:

       <appender name="htmlAppender"
class="com.firstam.ats.core.log.log4j.HtmlAppender">
           <layout class="com.firstam.ats.core.log.log4j.HtmlLayout"/>

	</appender>
	<logger name="html" additivity="false">
		<level value="debug"/>
	    <appender-ref ref="htmlAppender"/>
	</logger>

But when I try to use it in my code I get the following errors:

INFO: 317580 [TP-Processor3] ERROR
com.firstam.ats.core.log.log4j.HtmlAppender - Attempted to log with
inactive appender named [null].
317595 [TP-Processor3] ERROR com.firstam.ats.core.log.log4j.HtmlAppender
- Attempted to log with inactive appender named [null].
318314 [TP-Processor3] ERROR com.firstam.ats.core.log.log4j.HtmlAppender
- Attempted to log with inactive appender named [null].

I am trying to create a new appender everytime one is used.  The reason
for this is that I am using Log4J to log statements for a batch type
process and then display the results to the user running it (which is
where the HTML comes in).

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I might be doing wronog?  Thanks.

Daniel