Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org> on 2004/07/18 23:07:27 UTC

6dos data into ds.surbl.org

Chris Santerre asked on the spamassassin-users list whether
ds.surbl.org was being updated with the 6dos data.  The answer is
no, it's static now based on that snapshot Chris gave me a couple
weeks ago.  To be honest, the 6dos data seems too over-inclusive
to me for production use, but perhaps Chris or Rich could help me
figure out something closer to a live feed as we beta test it.

Jeff C.

Re: [SURBL-Discuss] 6dos data into ds.surbl.org

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Sunday, July 18, 2004, 2:13:26 PM, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> SpamAssassin tag hits: (top 100)
> #1      27588   BAYES_99
> #2      21242   RCVD_IN_SBL+XBL
> #3      20516   WS_URI_RBL
> #4      20116   OUTBLAZE_URI_RBL
> #5      20010   RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET
> #6      19448   HTML_MESSAGE
> #7      17007   RCVD_IN_SORBS
> #8      15583   SPAMCOP_URI_RBL
> #9      14682   ABUSEBUTLER_URI_RBL

Those numbers look good and reasonable.  The outblaze data
is pretty impressive, especially given that it's all automated.

To be somewhat fair, the 6dos list ds.surbl.org hasn't been
updated in a couple weeks, and many spammer domains probably
don't last that long in active spamming.  It's an interesting
battle between manual and automated lists.  Probably they
catch some different things also.

Jeff C.