Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sanjeev <jh...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/19 19:23:13 UTC

defaultBundleCache blocking Application

defaultBundleCache run from the AbstractBundlePersistenceManager class is
blocking the entire application. JackRabbit repository becomes unresponsive
until this cache process ends. Is there a way to make this Cache process to
run in a different thread? Or any other solution to this?

The Cache process runs after each restart and also when a new child Node (of
a root node) is created.

We are using JackRabbit 2.8.1 persisted on a file system. Below is the log
generate by this cache process.

2018-06-19 02:10:02 EDT INFO
[org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.AbstractBundlePersistenceManager]
(org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#2_Worker-1:)
cachename=defaultBundleCache[ConcurrentCache@3b0eab5a], elements=51,
usedmemorykb=236, maxmemorykb=131072, access=127, miss=51
2018-06-19 02:11:04 EDT INFO
[org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.AbstractBundlePersistenceManager]
(org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#2_Worker-1:)
cachename=defaultBundleCache[ConcurrentCache@3b0eab5a], elements=1997,
usedmemorykb=9205, maxmemorykb=131072, access=5588, miss=1997
2018-06-19 02:12:04 EDT INFO
[org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.AbstractBundlePersistenceManager]
(org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#2_Worker-1:)
cachename=defaultBundleCache[ConcurrentCache@3b0eab5a], elements=5130,
usedmemorykb=24505, maxmemorykb=131072, access=14478, miss=5130
2018-06-19 02:13:04 EDT INFO
[org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.AbstractBundlePersistenceManager]
(org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#2_Worker-1:)
cachename=defaultBundleCache[ConcurrentCache@3b0eab5a], elements=8664,
usedmemorykb=41928, maxmemorykb=131072, access=24638, miss=8664

Thanks,
 Sanjeev

--
Sent from: http://jackrabbit.510166.n4.nabble.com/Jackrabbit-Users-f510167.html

Re: defaultBundleCache blocking Application

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 4:25 PM, Sanjeev <jh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Logs are the only activity visible when the application is blocked. Other
> than that there is nothing else to go by.
>
> How can we cause the Lucene Index recreation? Our repository.xml (pasted
> below) and hence workspace.xml are pretty standard. Are we missing
> something?

As you originally mentioned that the "process runs after each restart
...", I just suspected that it had to create the
"<repositoryHome>/<workspaceName>/index" directory [1] on startup.

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Search

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 3:23 PM, Sanjeev <jh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> defaultBundleCache run from the AbstractBundlePersistenceManager class is
> blocking the entire application. JackRabbit repository becomes unresponsive
> until this cache process ends. Is there a way to make this Cache process to
> run in a different thread? Or any other solution to this?
>
> The Cache process runs after each restart and also when a new child Node (of
> a root node) is created.

Do you have any other clue, other than the logs below, suggesting the
Cache process is 'blocking the entire application'?
Wasn't it possibly caused by lucene index recreation on startup
instead? If you cleaned up the lucene index directory, Jackrabbit has
to re-create it on startup.

> We are using JackRabbit 2.8.1 persisted on a file system. Below is the log
> generate by this cache process.
>
> 2018-06-19 02:10:02 EDT INFO
> [org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.AbstractBundlePersistenceManager]
> (org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#2_Worker-1:)
> cachename=defaultBundleCache[ConcurrentCache@3b0eab5a], elements=51,
> usedmemorykb=236, maxmemorykb=131072, access=127, miss=51
> 2018-06-19 02:11:04 EDT INFO
> [org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.AbstractBundlePersistenceManager]
> (org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#2_Worker-1:)
> cachename=defaultBundleCache[ConcurrentCache@3b0eab5a], elements=1997,
> usedmemorykb=9205, maxmemorykb=131072, access=5588, miss=1997
> 2018-06-19 02:12:04 EDT INFO
> [org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.AbstractBundlePersistenceManager]
> (org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#2_Worker-1:)
> cachename=defaultBundleCache[ConcurrentCache@3b0eab5a], elements=5130,
> usedmemorykb=24505, maxmemorykb=131072, access=14478, miss=5130
> 2018-06-19 02:13:04 EDT INFO
> [org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.AbstractBundlePersistenceManager]
> (org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#2_Worker-1:)
> cachename=defaultBundleCache[ConcurrentCache@3b0eab5a], elements=8664,
> usedmemorykb=41928, maxmemorykb=131072, access=24638, miss=8664

The logs doesn't suggest the idea, 'The Cache process' 'blocking', in
my view. It simply logs periodically (once every minute) the current
statistics of cache.

Regards,

Woonsan