Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Raja Nagendra Kumar <Na...@tejasoft.com> on 2009/12/06 18:23:08 UTC

Build failure propogation

Hi,

Are there good documents and pointers to understand the build failure
prorogation, when custom executor, custom tasks and one build file invoking
others (n level of chained build.xml invokes).

Unable to fail the entire build (i.e the main build file still says build
successful when the child build file fails or custom task throws the
exception)

Regards,
Raja Nagendra Kumar,
C.T.O
www.tejasoft.com

Re: Build failure propogation

Posted by Raja Nagendra Kumar <Na...@tejasoft.com>.
Initially we were throwing new BuildException() as this did not work, we now
have the code like this

project.fireBuildFinished(error)

This approach is resulting build fail error for the current ant programmatic
ant execution but the same failure is not getting propagated to the build
file which uses <ant> to invoke next one..

Any other suggestions from others pl.. I think we need some help on error
prorogation mechanism/design clues when mix of xml and custom tasks are
used.

Posted by Francis GALIEGUE <fg...@one2team.com>.
On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 12:12, Raja Nagendra Kumar
<Na...@tejasoft.com> wrote:

> We use <ant> with in build file also in with custom task , we use ant class
> task as api. In this place it fails.
>
> new Ant() etc.. and calling execute() method.

Well, from what I know, if you want to propagate a failure, you should
throw BuildException. If you do that and it doesn't work, I cannot
help any further I'm afraid :/

--

Francis Galiegue
ONE2TEAM

Re: Build failure propogation

Re: Build failure propogation

Posted by Francis GALIEGUE <fg...@one2team.com>.
On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 18:23, Raja Nagendra Kumar
<Na...@tejasoft.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are there good documents and pointers to understand the build failure
> prorogation, when custom executor, custom tasks and one build file invoking
> others (n level of chained build.xml invokes).
>
> Unable to fail the entire build (i.e the main build file still says build
> successful when the child build file fails or custom task throws the
> exception)

How do you invoke other build.xml files? "Chained failures" work for
me, and I use <ant>.

--

Francis Galiegue
ONE2TEAM