Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> on 2006/10/06 10:36:31 UTC

Assemble OpenEJB 3 startup code with XBean

Hi,

Just thought I'd write about my attempts to use XBean more extensively
in OpenEJB 3. There're some initial successes in this area - see
revision 453521.

My aim is to simplify OpenEJB startup code and assemble OpenEJB
runtime environment with XBean. When the code is completely based on
POJOs, I think it's going to be much easier to play with other
frameworks, e.g. OSGi.

I've got lots of question while working with XBean that couldn't yet
find out answers to so expect many newbie use of it in the following
commits.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

Re: Assemble OpenEJB 3 startup code with XBean

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Oct 6, 2006, at 11:22 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On 10/6/06, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:
>
>> I browsed through the code.  That's really awesome!
>>
>> The only part we'll need to figure out based on what's added so far
>> is how to make it so booting the server from spring is optional.  But
>> that'll be easy and something we can do later.
>>
>> Looking good.
>
> Phew! I'm relieved. I thought it would not look as good as it should
> and I'll get banned from committing any other code into OpenEJB 3 ;-)

Never.  Code can be changed easy, as long as the author(s) are just
as flexible everything is peachy.

> Thanks Dave. That helped. Goona do some more changes.

Cool.  When coding experimental stuff, i try to:
  - not remove any functionality for an alternate set of similar
functionality (I try and make room for both).
  - be real careful about adding dependence on outside code in
existing code that didn't have it before and ran just fine (find some
way to make it optional if possible).

Just to name a couple.

-David

Re: Assemble OpenEJB 3 startup code with XBean

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.