Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Subash Kunjupillai <su...@ericsson.com> on 2017/10/04 16:40:37 UTC

Re: Regions not coming online because HFile invalid version error

Sorry for the delayed reply, got stuck in another issue!

There are so many regions in this state. Sorry, I couldn't understand what
you mean by sidelining. Can you please help me to understand and ways to do
it.

Data loading was done in normal way through our application. Yes, this
happened recently in HBase 1.1.8 version.

--
Sent from: http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/HBase-User-f4020416.html

Re: Regions not coming online because HFile invalid version error

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Sidelining means moving the file(s) to a location outside the column family
directory so that the region can be opened.

There have been many releases after 1.1.8
Consider upgrading.

If you can describe more about your application, that would help.