Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by MJ Ray <mj...@debian.org> on 2012/05/01 18:05:21 UTC

Re: [Spi-private] OpenOffice funds

Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>
> I'm jumping in and speaking as a mentor of AOO and  ASF VP of
> Community Development.

Thanks - and just to be clear, I'm only speaking as an ordinary
contributing member of SPI, who felt a responsibility to ask what I
felt were obvious questions.  So, I can't see any of these emails:

> [...] For
> more information on this please see the mail sent by Wolf Halton to
> treasurer@spi-inc.org on 19 March 2012 (subject "monies collected for
> OpenOffice.org") and copied to board@spi-inc.org by Michael
> Schultheiss on the same day. [...]

as - for reasons which I think I know and agree with - those mailboxes
are not visible to all members.

Thanks for quoting parts of it, but it's enough to learn that
assurances have been sent.  I trust the board to judge whether they
feel that they are sufficient to ensure that SPI-held funds are used
honestly, as described at the time they were raised.

Thanks also for explaining the absence from the projects listing.

(I am, of course, saddened to see an association-supported project now
apparently forked into two(?) foundation-supported projects, because
open and voluntary membership and equality are important to me, but
I'm just odd like that.)

Re: [Spi-private] OpenOffice funds

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
On 2012-06-19, at 21:26 , Sam Ruby wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Wolf, have the funds been received by Fundraising@ ?
>
> The funds have not been received.
>
> If it would help if we sent out an invoice, let me know (off-list)
> what should be on the invoice, and I will generate one.

Thanks, Sam. Probably Ross would be the person to talk to about this.

louis

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.

Posted by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Don,
>
> On 2012-06-20, at 10:46 , Donald Harbison wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Wolf Halton <wo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Donald Harbison <dpharbison@gmail.com
> >>
> >> Don,
> >> Louis has been leading the charge here for a little while and I have
> fallen
> >> out of the loop a bit.
> >>

> > Louis, are you working this to conclusion with Michael @SPI? I recommend
> we
> > close this out asap if there are no further outstanding issues, which I
> > don't think there are, other than to link Fundraising@ with Michael to
> > conclude the transaction.
> > See Sam's note following for a suggestion on the next step in this
> regard.
> >

> The issue has been resolved at least as regards SPI to Apache. Ross has
> concluded that, and Sam has stated that the funds from SPI for OOo have
> been received. For more information, ask Sam and Ross.
>
> From my perspective, as I've indicated privately, this case is closed, at
> least regarding SPI's accrual of funds for OpenOffice.org. What we do now
> with the funds is up to us.

OK, great. Thank you very much, Louis.

With respect to 'what we do now'... please take a look at the ApacheCON
planning wiki[1]

[1] http://s.apache.org/4cp

I point to this as an Open Issue, and invite volunteers to come together to
address this question in the context of supporting the conference.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The issue has been resolved at least as regards SPI to Apache. Ross has concluded that, and Sam has stated that the funds from SPI for OOo have been received. For more information, ask Sam and Ross.

Correction: Sam stated that the funds have NOT been received.

> From my perspective, as I've indicated privately, this case is closed, at least regarding SPI's accrual of funds for OpenOffice.org. What we do now with the funds is up to us.

While the check has not yet been received, I am confident that we will
receive these funds, and we have sufficient funds to manage any
'float', so feel free to plan accordingly.

> Louis

- Sam Ruby

Re: [Spi-private] OpenOffice funds

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
Don,

On 2012-06-20, at 10:46 , Donald Harbison wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Wolf Halton <wo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Donald Harbison <dpharbison@gmail.com
>>
>> Don,
>> Louis has been leading the charge here for a little while and I have fallen
>> out of the loop a bit.
>>

> Louis, are you working this to conclusion with Michael @SPI? I recommend we
> close this out asap if there are no further outstanding issues, which I
> don't think there are, other than to link Fundraising@ with Michael to
> conclude the transaction.
> See Sam's note following for a suggestion on the next step in this regard.

The issue has been resolved at least as regards SPI to Apache. Ross has concluded that, and Sam has stated that the funds from SPI for OOo have been received. For more information, ask Sam and Ross.

From my perspective, as I've indicated privately, this case is closed, at least regarding SPI's accrual of funds for OpenOffice.org. What we do now with the funds is up to us.

Louis

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
This is in hand. See the mail I sent last night to SPI (copied to the
ooo-private@ and treasurer@ list as replies may contain financial
information).

Ross

Ross Gardler (@rgardler)