Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Bhola <pb...@iname.com> on 2001/01/20 17:21:00 UTC

: RE: Tomcat NoClassDefFoundError

On downloading the latest version of Jarkarta (jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1) and
attempting to run the startup.sh under in the bin directory I got the
NoClassDefFoundError. What I found was untarring the files under the
directory foo, the directory foo/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1 was created.
The scripts work relative to foo/tomcat rather than
foo/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1. To remedy the problem, everything under
jakarta-3.2.1 must be placed under foo/tomcat.