Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Craig Morris <cm...@abs.ca> on 2001/10/11 14:29:17 UTC

JMeter v1.7: SAXParser class not found when opening test plans

JMeter runs successfully however restoring my test configurations is
problematic.  I've encountered the same problem under both Win2k and RH
Linux 7.0 both using Sun's JDK1.3.  I'm launching JMeter using the
unmodified jmeter batch/shell script and jmeter.properties provided with the
application.

The following is the exact text of the message:

Error loading class org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser  : class is not
found
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.Load.doAction(Load.java:126)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter.actionPerformed(ActionRouter.java:
94)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(Unkno
wn Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEvent(Unknown Source)

Initially, I believed I simply had a problem with my CLASSPATH.
Unfortunately after running several variations of jmeter.bat
wherein I explicitly listed each jar the problem recurred.  To ensure my
path settings were correct I downloaded/installed/ran JMeter 1.6 with no
problems. I could save/load without incident.

A co-worker is experiencing the same problem so this leads me to believe
there is a problem with the application.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig Morris

Consultant