Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by cs...@netscape.net on 2007/02/21 16:57:06 UTC

Axis CPP client crashing often

 Hi. We have a service that makes the client crash. It is not a fixed
 thing, though: with the *same* response data the client sometime works
 fine, sometimes crashes.

 We have been able to reproduce the error with the
 org.apache.test.MockServer class you provide, a fixed SOAP response
 and a little EXE we coded that just tries to loop 10000 times invoking
 the webservice. In our tests it never makes it to the 200th run.

 We've tested it with the latest stable version (1.6b) and also
 compiling the source tree ourselves (we fetched the source code on
 2007-02-15). With 1.6b the EXE crashes, with 20070215 it raises an
 exception instead; but not always the same exception.

 The platform is Visual Studio 2005 and Windows XP SP2

 I'm attaching:

 - The source code of the EXE that crashes (main.cpp),
 - The executable binary of main.cpp compiled for Windows 32
 (crash.exe), using the 20070215 axis source tree
 - The WSDL file
 - The SOAP response file
 - The source code for the generated stubs
 - Several outputs of the execution of the test

 Thanks,

 Carlos

Re: Axis CPP client crashing often

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
Carlos,

Try downloading newest source tree, there was lots of fixes in the
transport side that was put in on 2/18/2007.

Nadir K. Amra