Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Javier Ortiz <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/22 00:16:12 UTC

Maven Assembly Plugin: Is there a way to specify the assembly location in the assembly descriptor?

Is there a way to specify the location of the assembly?

Can I specify the file's full name instead of the default appending the id
to the project file name?

Re: Maven Assembly Plugin: Is there a way to specify the assembly location in the assembly descriptor?

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
> Is there a way to specify the location of the assembly?

Not that I know of. What you should keep in mind is that Maven is intended
to deploy to a repository, and a Maven repo has a pre-defined structure.
You cannot alter that.

> Can I specify the file's full name instead of the default appending the id
> to the project file name?

There might be some hacky solutions to do something like this for the
created assembly file in the target folder. BUT, as I pointed out above,
the intended way to use Maven is to deploy to a repo. And in the repo an
artifact (your assembly for example) has coordinates (groupId, artifactId,
version, classifier and type). You shouldn't think of it as "file name".

/Anders

Re: Maven Assembly Plugin: Is there a way to specify the assembly location in the assembly descriptor?

Posted by Ivan Dubrov <du...@gmail.com>.

Sure. https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/single-mojo.html#outputDirectory

Yep. First, disable appending id (https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/single-mojo.html#appendAssemblyId). Second, specify https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/single-mojo.html#finalName

Fwd: Maven Assembly Plugin: Is there a way to specify the assembly location in the assembly descriptor?

Posted by Javier Ortiz <ja...@gmail.com>.