Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2010/05/06 01:31:17 UTC

[VOTE] Geronimo jaspi component 1.1

Please vote for the geronimo-jaspi 1.1 component.

The major changes to this release are:
- packaged as an osgi bundle
- fairly non-functional classloading in 1.0 replaced by Rick's ProviderLocator that actually works in osgi.
- dependencies upgraded to use bundleized dependencies.

I spent some time trying to get the manifest entries to look reasonable to me.  Since this is the first osgi release I put the package-version at 1.0.  The import version ranges are
<_versionpolicy>[$(version;==;$(@)),$(version;+;$(@)))</_versionpolicy>
for everything except the self-imports which are [1.0,1.1).

I suppose it would have been better to use this version range for the jaspic spec as well, but I didn't.  There's always something.  Maybe next time the maven-bundle-plugin will do this for us.

Staging repo is here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-012/

tag is here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/components/jaspi/tags/geronimo-jaspi-1.1/

Vote open 72 hours

[ ] +1 release this
[ ] 0 don't care
[ ] -1 don't release this (please explain)

thanks
david jencks

Re: [VOTE] Geronimo jaspi component 1.1

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
Source builds cleanly, rat and ianal tests pass, Geronimo builds and
works ok with this version in place.

+1

Posted by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com>.
Build looks fine my +1

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Vamsi

Re: [VOTE] Geronimo jaspi component 1.1

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On May 10, 2010, at 2:50 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> Source, signature/checksums look good. RAT looks good.
>
> I'm unable to build, however. I get a missing dependency:
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) com.sun.xml.bind:jaxb-xjc:jar:2.2
>
> I'm -1 until this is resolved.

I may have had a local maven configuration problem (i switch between a local nexus proxy and raw maven builds). Running a new test, now...

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] Geronimo jaspi component 1.1

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On May 10, 2010, at 2:50 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> Source, signature/checksums look good. RAT looks good.
>
> I'm unable to build, however. I get a missing dependency:
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) com.sun.xml.bind:jaxb-xjc:jar:2.2
>
> I'm -1 until this is resolved.

Apologies, my mistake... Build looks good. Here's my +1.

--kevan

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
+1

david jencks

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1

-Donald

[RESULT] [VOTE] Geronimo jaspi component 1.1

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Vote passes with 5 PMC +1 and one other +1 and no other votes

Rick McGuire
Kevan Miller
Vamsavardhana Reddy
Donald Woods